Eyelid appearance can be altered by the ageing factors, environmental ones, life style, constitutional characteristics and genetics.
Two principal problems contribute to the altered eyelid appearance:
• skin excess due to the loss of elasticity
• bulging of the fatty tissue into the eyelid
Both of these problems can be mild or pronounced to the degree that not only compromises the aesthetics of the face, but also the visual field, especially if they affect the upper eyelids. The lower eyelid problems are usually expressed as wrinkles, bags, oedema or hyperpigmentation. On the lateral part of the eyes, the temporal region, fine wrinkles „craw feet’’ can develop.
The preoperative exam is the basic step in planning the operation. As with all aesthetic surgical procedures Dr. Borić assesses the objective problem and subjective individual ambition of the patient. It is only through the personal consultation and after a thorough exam that the surgeon can inform the patient of the best therapy, all its aspects, the possibilities and limitations of the surgery and the price of the whole procedure.
A preoperative medical exam is required in order to detect the potential contraindications for the operation. We routinely require the basic blood exam, ECG and if necessary, on individual basis, other more elaborate evaluations.
• blepharoplasty is performed as an outpatient operation
• routinely we apply the local anaesthesia with intravenous sedation
• the incisions are placed to render the scars as inconspicuous as possible
• the skin excess is excised and protruding fat is partially eliminated or repositioned
Patients after blepharoplasty do not need a prolonged period of rest and isolation. Sunglasses are enough to camouflage the early postoperative swelling and rare the bruising. The stitches are removed after 5 to 7 days when normal activities can be resumed.
• freshness and younger appearance around the eyes
• better sight
• possibility of an easier and nicer make-up
• overall self-confidence
• clear and unequivocal motivation
• objective indication
• understanding of the procedure
• personal decision without outside pressure